9/27/12

Apple Pie Cake

I love Apple Pie. I mean, who doesn't? And now that fall is upon us, I will be making a lot more things with apples in them. Except, I don't just make the traditional apple pie. I like to try different variations. This is a recipe I have been making for years, especially for the holidays. My family greatly enjoys it, and I hope yours will as well.

Ingredients:
  •  3/4 cup margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar (white or brown, or half of each)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped (peeled is optional, I keep the peels on it)
  • 1 cup nuts (optional) 
Directions:
  1. Cream the butter and sugar together
  2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing each in before adding the next one
  3. Sift in dry ingredients. Mix well. 
  4. Stir in apples and nuts
  5. Bake in a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment